|The MSA-Talk list is a forum created by members
of MSA to discuss topics of interest in the general areas of mineralogy,
petrology, and crystallography. It is open to both members and non-members. READ: Ground Rules
To subscribe to the list, unsubscribe to the list, or change your e-mail address, send an email message as follows:
The list server software uses the email address of your current account
so be sure to:
Soon afterwards you should receive an email message confirming that you are subscribed to the list and instructions for subscribing, unsubscribing,
- subscribe using the account that you wish to receive the
- unsubscribe using the account that you wish to cancel.
- when changing your address tell us your new account as well as your old account so that can cancel the older account.
To "Post a Message" you must subscribe to the list first.
To post a message to the list, send an email massage as follows:
Subject: Your choice
All subscribers to the list will receive your message. The most effective messages are those whose simple text content can be readily seen and understood in an on screen window that does not require scrolling. If you have additional or more detailed information, include a link to where it can be found instead. Attachments cannot be sent. They will be unwelcome by users who must rely on slow connections. Attachments overwork the system, and are one criteria that many servers use to identify and eliminate spam.
Body: Your message
Ground Rules for using the MSA-Talk Listserv
The MSA-Talk Listserv is a forum created for the community of mineral scientists to discuss topics of interest in the general areas of mineralogy, petrology, geochemistry, and crystallography. Before subscribing you should understand your responsibilities as a user of MSA-Talk:
- Actively encourage and promote the free exchange and discussion of information, ideas and opinions, except when the content would compromise the national security of the United States; violate proprietary rights, personal privacy, or state/federal/local laws and regulations affecting telecommunications; or constitute a crime or libel to MSA-Talk, its operator, users, any individual or organization.
- Do not use this system for delivery of personal mail, commercials, spam, or messages or items of a similar nature. If you are not sure, then email the message to MSA Executive Director J.A. Speer (email@example.com) for review.
- This forum is not to be used as a platform to accuse or defame any individual or organization. You may disagree with any comment posted and post a reply, but this server may not be used to spread misleading, derogatory or disparaging comments under any conditions.
- Notify MSA immediately when you discover any violations.
- The use of MSA-Talk Listserv is not a right, but a privilege. That privilege may be revoked at any time by the MSA Executive Committee. The name "MSA-Talk" may not be used for any commercial purposes without explicit permission in writing from MSA.
The Mineralogical Society of America (MSA) supports the MSA-Talk Listserv for the benefit of mineral scientists worldwide and the public. MSA expressly disclaims responsibility for, and liabilities resulting from, any information or communications from and between users of the MSA-Talk Listserv except those messages posted by MSA itself relating to MSA's programs, operations and services.
Users are warned they may be individually liable for anything they communicate using the MSA-Talk Listserv, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, false or unauthorized information. Users are cautioned they are responsible for complying with the requirements of applicable copyright and trademark laws and regulations.
Any problems should be addressed to Gordon Nord the list administrator